Thursday, January 26, 2012

Victoria's Secret

“Here I am Lord and I’m drowning”

Let’s just face it.  This blog isn’t funny anymore.  Also, I am thinking I might have ADD…this blog has no flow and I jump from subject to subject.  Is it any wonder why John can’t follow what I am talking about half the time?
No matter how much chocolate I eat he will still be leaving but I am working very hard to test that theory. I am cleaning out my closet like I do before each move.  After having two kids there are always clothes that are either too big or too small that I send on to Goodwill.  I stumbled upon a robe from Victoria’s Secret and checked the size.  “One size” it said.  One size?  Nothing in her store should be listed as one size!  That store should be the MOST specific when it comes to sizing.  Victoria, of all the things I want to fit well…it’s my secret clothes.  Maybe it’s just me.
We have just recently started saying “no” to Katie.  Each time we do her little bottom lip comes out and starts to quiver.  It makes me laugh every time.  The other day she was going for an electrical outlet and John said “no” in that big Dad voice.  Instantly Katie AND Lilyana started sobbing. 
“What is Daddy saying to baby Katie?”  Lilyana sobs.  Estrogen anyone?  I guess Lilyana isn’t accustomed to hearing us reprimand Katie.
I am usually too tired to watch TV but I am obsessed with Dowton Abbey.  Anyone else?
At the mall last week the hair people asked if I ever put any curl in my hair.  If you are wondering why this is blog worthy….read my previous entries.  I GIVE UP.
I am currently at war with fondant.  I can’t get it to taste right.  My Soldier was trying to help me fix my problem.  Many times I complain to him about a problem with my sugary concoctions and he heads off into the garage.  Oddly, he usually comes up with some way to make it work.  “What about a different turn table?” “Would your electric knife work?”   I just waiting to take a cake someplace one day and discover grease on it somewhere.  The cake I made yesterday was beautiful and I hated to cut it.  I should have gone with my instincts.  It tasted horrific.  We have yet to determine what happened.  I suspected substandard fondant.
I am fairly well versed in Army language but when I ask Hubby for updates about what is going on I can get lost.  I know a good deal of Spanish but he is fluent.  I told him last night that that’s what I feel like.   It’s like when he talks to me in Spanish.  I can usually catch the general meaning of the conversation and recognize words but get lost on specifics.  Waiting on regiment, calling battalion, needing form DD1234, PCS, EMFP, ABC123…there are only so many acronyms I can process at 10pm.
There was a small function at his office today but we didn’t make it.  I was a little disappointed partly because I went to the effort of getting all fancy and also because it’s good to see or to be reminded why we do this.  I cry at any Army function…pledge of allegiance, saluting, organized yelling, marching, seeing him stand in a row with so many other guys.  It all gets me.  Maybe it’s best I didn’t go because tears can’t be good for false eyelashes.  Why do they yell so much?  Silly boys.
Playing the backyard Lilyana was kind of dragging Katie around trying to steady her walk.  I tried to explain “Honey, you have to let her hold your hand instead of you holding on to her”  and my comment instantly reminded me of a song by Casting Crowns
“I’m not holding on to you, but you’re holding on to me”
I sure hope that’s true because I feel like I’m losing my grip. 
I will close by saying that my child is registered for preschool next fall in two different states.  Just in case.  Sometimes you have to look at the humorous side of it!

1 comment:

  1. Shana - I'm always a little more grounded when I read your posts and have a better understanding of the Army life. The respect, admiration and appreciation meters are of the charts!! I'm going to steal the story of Lilyana and Katie as a metaphor for some people I work with. Sometimes you have to lead by force, sometimes you have to just steady them on their path. Thanks for giving a little insight into your lives!

    ReplyDelete