Saturday, December 17, 2011

Happier things

First, thank you guys so much for all the comments about the last blog entry and for the compliments!  I will try not to post any more tear jerking things for a bit.  That was depressing.  I know there are some people reading that I have not had the luxury of meeting.  Hoping my little bro can help me upload some pics of us over the holidays.
So, on the opposite side of the issue, let’s think about the good things about being married to a Soldier.
Well, I have a HOT man in uniform that lives in my house.
When I was pregnant and couldn’t reach my shoes my husband did some crazy knots in those bad boys! Seriously, it was pretty cool.
We will never get lost in a corn maze. “I can find a point on the map in the dark but I can’t find my wife in the church sanctuary” So, we will never be lost BUT we can’t find each other at church.

He can drive in insane traffic while the baby is screaming but still concentrate.  While trying to find our way out of D.C. during rush hour, she was SCREAMING,
     Me: “Do you want to pull over until I can get her to calm down?”
     Soldier: “Nope, it’s not bothering me.  Just like reading a map while being shot at”

He can take you down.  At least, I assume he can.  I have never actually witnessed this just heard stories.

I know he can take care of us.  If some horrible calamity befalls us I know he can find food and knows which bugs we can and cannot eat.  That sounds funny but is oddly reassuring.
I am fairly certain he knows how to perform minor surgeries with a #2 pencil and some water.

To see this same Soldier, Daddy, put ribbons in her hair and search for her special bear, well, it just melts me. 


Ok, now some good things about being an Army family
Health care.  Nuff said

I would say job security but that’s changing.  (This is a politics free blog so I’ll leave it there)
Relationships with other Army wives can’t be explained or duplicated.

I’m already at my Mom’s waiting for Santa while hubby is still busy saving the world.  I was hoping to get both girls to sleep in the same room but alas, it was not to be.  Katie is bunking up with me.  It should be interesting next summer.  I did look at the new preschool this week.  They do have small pottys so Airborne school will not be required.  (Read previous entries)
In closing, apropos of nothing, I will say that “Tank Crossing” is my second favorite traffic warning sign.  If there is a chance that while driving on post, or anywhere else for that matter, I will come across a tank, this is information I need.  What are the traffic rules there?  I don’t know but you can be sure I will yield the right of way.

“Fish crossing” is my all time favorite traffic sign.  I saw this sign on a bridge outside my husband’s hometown near Seattle.  What is that sign telling us?  Even my northwestern hubby was stumped.  Are they telling us that during flooding fish might be on the bridge?  Why do I need to know this?  Are they giant man eating fish?  Will I need to yield to them?  Are they salmon swimming upstream that might be jumping through the air and attack my car?  Perhaps they are protected by some crazed environmentalist and I am required to help them cross the road to get back in the water…..oops, almost got political again.

No comments:

Post a Comment