Monday, December 5, 2011

Three wise men on a sugar high

I am constantly baking or decorating something with Chocolate.  I really wish I was into something else.  My Soldier complains that there is always sweet stuff lying around but also complains if I tell him not to touch it because it’s for someone else.  I have tried to make a point of always giving him a sample.  After completing my latest experiment the other night I gave him a taste.  “Wow.  That’s a lot of sugar”  I considered that a complement.  Isn’t that was Christmas is all about?  Giving our friends and family Type 2 diabetes while celebrating the birth of our Savior?  Maybe the three wise men should have brought gold, frankincense and insulin.

My Soldier often leaves important items on the kitchen island that he wants to remember to take to work.  One book in particular has been making me crazy but I haven’t moved it.  I have been doing all my holiday cooking around “Light Infantry Tactics for small teams”  I am tired of looking at this book but if someone tries to attack my baked goods I will take them DOWN.  Unless, that is, they are a large team.  In that case I’m screwed.
I started reading “Seal Team Six” on the recommendation of my mom.  Last night the Soldier was explaining to me all the problems with a book like this.  Sigh.  Once I watched “Black Hawk Down” with my hubby and my brother, also military.  It was excruciating.  Does this problem cross all professions?  Do women married to bankers constantly get told the unrealistic portions or inaccuracies of the movie “Wallstreet?”
I want to say that even though I pick on hubby and his Army way of thinking, he is an amazing person.  He can do anything.  He loves these little girls.  I love to see a man in uniform searching the house for a missing hair bow.  I can’t imagine how he goes from work to our house.  Talk about a change of scenery! Estrogen anyone?
Thing 2 has now mastered the stairs.  Going up is no problem.  Going down has been proving to be painful.
Isn’t a blog supposed to be a recap of your day or a certain event?  This is basically just me rambling on and on.  Is this entertaining anyone?  I’m getting a little bored with myself.
P.S. I was at the mall tonight and you guessed it....he asked if I ever flat iron my hair...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment