Friday, December 30, 2011

Shot in the head

Katie is not well.   She seems fine and cheerful but every time Lilyana takes her blood pressure the news is not good.  According to the new doctor kit Lilyana received from Santa, Katie needs repeated shots in her head.  These injections go right into her skull.  She actually deals with this pain very well.  Usually she receives her shots quickly as she is passing by her sister with her new walker.  Modern medical science is amazing!

Santa also brought us a Furreal (sp?) cat.  It better change its attitude.  That cat hisses at me all the time.  I’m definitely not giving “Snowy” any canned tuna tomorrow.
I love Christmas.  Mostly I love being at my Mom’s house.  It’s a vacation from constant cooking and cleaning.  I have concluded that when you have small children a vacation still isn’t a vacation.  Someone still has to plan what everyone is going to eat, wear and where they will sleep. 
Katie slept in my room at Mom’s.  I had hoped that she would be able to stay in the room with Lilyana but it was not to be.  Katie’s crying never bothers Lilyana at home but over Christmas it was waking her up.  Katie slept through the night two times back in 1934.  I have no idea what to do with that kid.  I guess I just didn’t realize what a good sleeper Lilyana is.  Katie fusses off and on all night.  I was ignoring it but it was just keeping me awake all night long.  I don’t mind letting babies cry but this is like a low key fussing that she does off and on for hours.  About a month ago I started giving up and bring her in my bed which is something I swore I would never do.  Turns out…..I will do anything for sleep.  I am open to suggestions here.
The clock is ticking really loud around here.  It seems like we are just trudging through these last two months waiting for the inevitable without the ability to enjoy them.  What should we sell? What should we put in storage? We do have some big decisions to make around here.  As I said before, with the Army everything changes.  Last time we were set to move to Texas and one week before we were to move the Army said, “WAIT, hang on, you’re not moving for another four months.  And, it won’t be Texas.”  I think the Army should pay for me to cover my gray hair.
I almost made it through the Christmas Eve service without crying.  I started to get teary and then Katie threw some Puffs and the lady next to us.  Usually they keep me too busy to cry J

No comments:

Post a Comment